Sunday, December 14, 2014

Vtech Sound Monitor - Not Just For Babies!

Pin It now! This is totally random but you know how when you find something that you love and you just want to share it with everyone?! That's what this is for me! We recently purchased a home that is much larger than our last home. Not only is it larger but our master bedroom is on the main level and the kids' bedrooms are upstairs. AND our bedroom is on the opposite side of the house than their rooms are. I didn't really feel comfortable with sleeping on a different floor than the kids (they are 6 and almost 4) unless I had a monitor in each of their rooms in case they got sick or needed us in the middle of the night we would be able to hear them. Let me introduce you to the VTech DM221 Safe & Sound Digital Audio Baby Monitor!



We've been using these monitors for almost two months now and they are AWESOME!!! Dawson and Ashlynn each have one in their own rooms and we have two parent units in our room. I wrote on the back of each unit so we would know which one belonged to which kid's room. There is absolutely no static or white noise. If they are quiet we don't hear anything.... I have to double check that they're turned on before I fall asleep because they're so quiet.

And an AWESOME feature that they have is each of the parent units have a "talk" button that you can press so the kids can hear you. I mostly use this option when they're playing in their room and I need them to come downstairs for something (which is one of the reasons I wrote their names on the back of the parent unit... so I would know whose room I was talking into). I would 100% recommend this sound monitor. They come with rechargeable batteries and a charging dock which is where ours stay most of the time (we keep them in our room). But if they've got friends over or I just want to listen in while they're playing, I can easily take the wireless parent unit with me anywhere in the house.

While I'm at it I guess I'll share my favorite sound monitor from when they were infants. It wasn't just a sound monitor, it was also a movement monitor... so if they stopped breathing when they were sleeping the monitor would set off an alarm sound. I'd also recommend that, I used it for both of my kids and thankfully we only had a few false alarms but I can tell you that I slept so much better knowing we had it! That was an Angelcare Movement and Sound Monitor and you can find it here...




If you've got any great products that you'd recommend I'd love to hear about them!

No comments: